Media consumption audit: blog tasks

 Newspapers

Which daily newspapers (if any) do you read?

 I do not read  any newspapers but if I was to read any Newspapers  it would be the daily mirror as my grandparents  and parents usually vote Labour  and  as I  study GCSE media  I  am already familiar with  them . 

What sections of newspapers do you turn to first, and why?  

When  I Rarely do read   a Newspaper  I usually just look at the first page  because the most important  stories and information are  usually on the first page but afterwards I do skim through the rest of the paper to see if is there any other important story's happening . 

What sections do you never read, and why?

 I never read the rest of the newspaper most of the time but if there was one section I  avoid it's usually  the section that  mentions knife crime increasing . This is because most story's about knife crime are the same and  state the same thing that's been going on for years stating the obvious presuming we still don't know that knife has been increasing for the last decade 

What kinds of stories do you usually read and why? 

When I read Newspaper I read the story's  that are on a  global or national scale e.g.  Donald  Trumps shooting . This is because  I believe it's better to read story that affect everyone around the world not just me.

Do you, or someone else, buy the newspaper you read? 

My Grandparents  buy and read the newspaper that  I read  on occasion.  

Do you look at the online versions of any newspapers? Which newspapers? Why do you visit their website and not others? 

I personally do not look at any online newspapers  even if it's from the daily mirror  as I only read newspaper if my grandparents are reading them and as for the website I haven't looked  at the daily mirror or any other websites.

Magazines

What magazines (if any) do you buy regularly?  Why/why not? 

I do not read any magazines as I've never been interested in reading them.

What sections of the magazines do you read and not read, and why?

 I do not read any sections of the magazine apart from glancing at the front cover. 


Television

Approximately how many hours a week do you spend watching television?

 I would say I spend 15 hours a week  on watching TV

What device do you use to watch television? 

I use my phone, Laptop, Sky box and  a Fire stick to watch TV

What times of day do you usually watch television?

During the weekdays I usually watch TV between 6-9 Pm however on the weekend s i usually watch TV whenever throughout the day.

What programmes do you like best and why? 

I usually watch crime drama TV shows such  e.g Power, Top boy and Snowfall. The reason i like these these TV shows  is because these shows are very dark and gritty and grounded  which makes it easy too relate to these characters.

Do you watch alone or with others? If you watch with others, who decides what you will watch?

I usually watch these these TV shows with  my brother as he was  main reason why I started watching these TV shows in the first place and it's  always have a collective decision on what were gonna   watch.

Do you watch 'live' TV or on-demand/catch-up? Do you use any other devices to watch TV (such as laptop or tablet?) 

Yes i do watch live TV and I do use catch up as well  but in terms  of other devices I use the Fire stick  and Laptop.


Radio

Do you listen to the radio? No

If yes, what stations do you like best and why? No answer

Do you listen to podcasts?  Yes 

If yes, what podcasts have you listened to recently?

 Recently  I listened to Joe Rogan's podcast 'The Joe   Rogan Experience,

Approximately how many hours a week do you spend listening to podcasts or radio? 

I listen to the podcast maybe 1 hour a week 

What times of the day do you usually listen to podcasts or radio?  I listen to the podcast whenever  i feel like and I cant say really a specific time.

Where do you listen to podcast or radio? 

I listen to Joe Rogan's podcast because he  has guest on that talk about anything from people like UFC  fighters  to comedians like Katt Williams. 

What other activities (if any) do you do whilst listening? 

I usually just  relax while I listen to Joe Rogan's podcast  

Does anyone else in your house listen to the radio or podcasts? If so, when do they listen? 

Know one in my family Listen to podcast that I am aware of .


Film

What films have you seen in the cinema in the last month?

The last film I saw in cinema was Deadpool and Wolverine.

What films have you seen in other places – for example, through Netflix, Amazon Prime, satellite/cable film channels (free or otherwise) or streaming? 

On Amazon Prime  there is a variety of movies I've seen such as the scary movies franchise and the matrix and many others I cant remember but on sky  I have  watched all the fast and furious films.  

Who else watched the films with you?  I have watched these with my family 

Who decided what films to watch? It's usually a collective decision.

What devices do you typically use to watch films: TV, laptop, tablet, phone etc.?

 I usually watch films on TV ,my phone and my laptop


Online

How often do you access the internet?

I use the internet  nearly every second of every day 

Where do you access the internet? At home, at school, commuting etc.

 I use the internet  in my home, at school and on the way  to school and on Trains and buses and cars  also on PlayStation. 

What are the main sites that you access? 

I usually use YouTube, whats app and  discord.

What are the main reasons for accessing these sites – for example, for information, to make purchases, communicate with friends or for entertainment?

I use these  for entertainment and  and to  talk to my friend s that i game with and to also to talk to  some family.

What other activities (if any) do you do whilst accessing the internet? I use the internet to play games whether  that is  on PlayStation or on PC 

What different devices do you use to access the internet?

 What is your primary device for accessing the internet? The main device i use to access the internet with are my Phone  and Laptop  and my PlayStation. 

What social networks do you use regularly (e.g. Twitter, Instagram)? 

Why do you belong to these networks in particular? I use  whats app and Instagram  I mainly use Instagram just to laugh at videos.


Final section: reflection

How can you develop the amount and variety of media you consume? I could look at the online News apps.

What will you change in your media consumption habits this year as a result of studying A Level Media?

 I would say I would have to start consuming different types of Media e.g Newspaper and different podcasts. 

List three sources of media (websites/newspapers/apps/TV programmes etc.) that you will start to access this year that you haven't engaged with previously. 

I will have to start to engaging  in  Newspaper  and  radio and more podcasts. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Semiotics: blog tasks

Introduction to A level Media