Introduction to A level Media

 1) Why did you choose A Level Media Studies?

I decided to chose A level Media because I did GCSE Media Studies and really enjoyed it, especially the coursework.  However, I didn't really enjoy the written work, not because it was uninteresting but due to the sheer amount of close study product's there were and how some did and didn't overlap in both exams.  Also, the short amount of time to study all of those CSP and to complete the coursework made it very difficult  as you had to also study for other GCSE exams. However, I still chose to do A level media because Media is a passion of mine and the career field that I want to progress into. 


2) Did you take GCSE Media Studies (either here at Greenford or a different school)?
 Yes I took it here at Greenford High School.

3) If you answered yes to Q2, what grade did you achieve in GCSE Media? What coursework task did you complete? What would you say your strengths and weaknesses were in GCSE Media?
I attained a grade 5 in GCSE Media and as for the coursework  it was to complete a 2 minute  fantasy drama  from a tv series. I  think my strengths within  media is that I'm able to adapt  to many different situations  and  find  a solution to  problems  and I think I'm a decent editor. As for my weakness, I think I struggled  to  plan ahead   with my coursework   as I was trying to work around my  actors schedule 

4) What grade do you hope to achieve in A Level Media?
 I hope to attain a A 
 a
5) What are your current thoughts about your next steps after A Levels - university, apprenticeship, work? To be honest I do not know what I'm going to do after A levels  But I do want   To  go in film directing.

6) What do you think the biggest MEDIA story of 2024 has been and why? I believe the biggest media  story of 2024 was the shooting   of Donald Trump  the reason why I believe this was the biggest event of 2024  was because the incident was because the incident  was captivated on a global scale and was  still brought up months after it  happened.

7) What media sources do you use to find out about news and current affairs?  To be honest  I only found about major news when  my  mum watches the news in the morning  but I sees most  of the  the news through social media.

8) What was the last film you watched? 
The last film i watched was Rush hour 2

9) What is your favourite ever TV series?
 I don't have a Favorite tv show  But one of my  favorite's is Power

10) How many hours do you spend online in an average day? Is this too little, too much or about right? Why? (If you have an iPhone you can use Screen Time to get an accurate figure of how much you use your phone). I spend an average of 3 hours a day on screen time 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Media consumption audit: blog tasks

Semiotics: blog tasks